The Official Car Sticker

The Official Car Sticker

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hibernation Mode?

My Windows Vista offers 3 ways of shutting down when I am done with my laptop. I can either put it to SLEEP or send it to HIBERNATION mode or simply just SHUT DOWN everything. As most of you experts out there know that in SLEEP mode, the system keeps everything on standby and the hardware utilises a small amount of power to retain everything on a "floating" basis. And in HIBERNATION mode, the system saves up everything onto a temporary platform and kills the power. Obviously, in SHUT DOWN mode, everything exits and everything shuts down.
-
Now wouldn't it be sweet if the human biological configuration has these options too? I mean, I obviously don't want a SHUT DOWN now, though I may find this option "useful" one dreadful day! [i may not be joking] While in SLEEP mode, everything in my life, including all sorts of miseries will still be "floating" around and slowly draining power!
-
What I'd like to bring your attention to is this unique mode called HIBERNATION. Yes, hibernation! Stores everything in their proper places, keeps all miseries locked up somewhere and kills the power. Means won't get drained in energy. And everything is properly kept in "proper places" until one fine day when we are "more ready" to "wake them up" again. In HIBERNATION mode, you won't have to worry about wasting energy and you can restart very quickly.
-
I feel like getting into hibernation for a while. I mean, so many things happened this last 8 months or so and I am beginning to loose control of myself. I am loosing my mind, my focus, my enthusiasm, my passion, my energy, my...everything! As much as I eagerly desire to help make things work, somehow, my efforts seem to be in vain. As much as I put great hope into something dear to my heart, more disappointments creep in. As much as I put aside all differences, misunderstandings and contradictions still prevail. Despite explaining my heart and thoughts, stubborn principals still seem to be of great barriers.
-
As I patiently wait, swallow and tolerate, I am being challenged with new surprises and unwanted incidents. Ugly experiences that can literally instantly throw you off balance and causing you to loose appetite in anything else, leaving you with a nauseating sensation of vomiting. Maybe that is also because I have not been eating much this last few days, in fact, I have NOT exactly been eating at all. And sometimes, there is this great sense of betrayal that eats into your mind and sticks on so bloody tightly. It seem so hard to get rid of. Sigh.
-
So, maybe now if I jump into HIBERNATION mode, keep everything locked up in proper places, disappear for a while, conserve some energy and only "come back" when I know how to handle some of these complications in my life. Might that work? Does disappearing for a while helps make things better? Should I just leave everything as they are now and just go hide? Or should I stick around, endure the pain and be ready to offer a crying shoulder when its needed?
-
Help, I am loosing my grip! I am running out of tears! But with all that said, I still miss you very much.

No comments: