The Official Car Sticker

The Official Car Sticker

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Haves And Have Nots

I guess life is like this. When you have it, you always take it for granted and won't treasure it as much as you should. But when you no longer have it, you keep thinking about it and wonder why it is no longer yours and with you. That's the general human nature of not appreciating the things around oneself and always wondering why the best was never given.
-
The same goes for dreams and desires. When we desire to have something new, the enthusiasm is always high, always thinking about it and always having fantasies of the potentially new activities we can have. But once we have it or by the time we get it, the flame seem to be smaller and for some funny reasons the desire don't seem to be of that high a priority afterall. Somehow, that victory of finally getting that something, seem to be just another something. No big deal.
-
I remembered how desperately I needed a new carry-all camera bag for my shoots. I remembered the reasons I gave myself for spending hundreds of dollars for the new bag and how I justified the need and finally approving the purchase. That was about a year ago. And now, I am "needing" another smaller bag for my smaller shoots, events that does not require me to carry all my gears. I also remebered the days where I dreamt of owning the pro model Nikon D2X body. Now that I have it, it is just another workhorse in my list of gears!
-
But does it works the same when it comes to a relationship? I am no expert in this area but I always wonder if one would treasure a given relationship. Perhaps its something you'e always wanted and now that you "got it", will you treasure it? Or will you take this relationship for granted and not protect it they way you should? I guess, for some, it will only be known to them when they finally loose it and no longer have it.
-
Life is fair, the world is round. But still, God is in control. The best is still, follow what He says!

No comments: