The Official Car Sticker

The Official Car Sticker

Monday, January 21, 2008

The Waiting Game

I believe at some point in life, all of us have to go through a "waiting game" where you just wait for that something to happen. I know that nobody in this world like to wait. All of us want things delivered fast, if not immediately. But there are certain things in life where waiting is just a part of the whole entire process of getting there.

I plan to buy a new Suzuki Swift...and the waiting period is about 2 weeks, and that's pretty fast, mind you. But I said to this other dealer that I want the car fast and he replied..."1 week". Now that's super fast for new cars delivery but still, I gotto wait 7 agonising days.

As all of you know, my cholesterol level is high and I am now on this Lipitol to subdue the levels. Obviously, I want it controlled immediately but my medication is 30days. So, I have to be on medication for 30days before I can go back to have my cholesterol level checked again.

Life is a journey. And in a journey, there will be times where we just have to wait for the right moments to do the right things. Unfortunately, no one in this world have enough wisdom to advice anyone of any situation on when is the "right time" to do the "right things".

There are so many things I want to do and get done yesterday but I can't because the "time" is not right for anything yet. I get so frustrated because things are not done. Sometimes, I want certain things so badly that I hide and cry alone but there is nothing I can do at that moment in time.

Here is a popular song by Whitney Houston. I thought the lyrics are awesome and kinda talks a bit about how I feel now. Here is "One Moment In Time"...

Each day I live, I want to be
A day to give, The best of me
I'm only one, But not alone
My finest day, Is yet unknown
I broke my heart, Fought every gain
To taste the sweet, I face the pain
I rise and fall, Yet through it all
This much remains, I want...
One moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will feel, I will feel
Eternity
The rest of the verses and choruses are mainly repeating the above again. Its so true, the song says my finest day, is yet unknown. It goes on to say that I broke my heart and fought every gain; to taste the sweet, I have to face the pain. And I rise and I fall.
Sigh...that's life. Will you wait for me...for that..."moment in time"...will you?

No comments: