The Official Car Sticker

The Official Car Sticker

Monday, August 4, 2008

Cheating Death

We always read about road accidents and people getting killed in them but the accident that happened last Friday morning "woke me up". The accident venue was in Taman Connaught, Cheras, at the tail end of the Cheras-Kajang Highway. In fact, it was just a 30 seconds drive away from my church and maybe 3 minutes drive from my house. The 9:30am accident involving a 10-tonne lorry carrying huge boulders, a motorcycle, three cars, a van and an MPV, claimed two lives, the lorry driver himself and the motorcyclist.

Apparently, the lorry, coming from the opposite side of the highway, lost control of his vehicle and smashed onto the steel dividers and went head-on with seven other vehicles from the opposite side of the highway! From the picture you can see that the involved vehicles were badly damaged. Infact, the van was seen to be smashed, crushed and "flatten" onto the wall of the CMC Complex (Giant) where my church is housed.

2 died and 5 others critically injured. They were rushed to the nearby Hospital University Kebangsaan Malaysia (HUKM).


This incident makes me wonder about life itself. Who owns life? Who controls life? I use that road almost everyday and it could have happened to me. What could I have done to avoid the accident if it was really fated for me. Or could I have driven so skillfully, make my turns, left and right and avoided it like those you see in movies? I mean, it could happen to me on another time at another road. Life is so unpredictable. I suddenly feel to insecure.

I guess the only way to live is to surrender life to God Himself.

No comments: