The Official Car Sticker

The Official Car Sticker

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Canon Selphy ES2

This Saturday, Nov 29, I will single-handedly manage a corporate event. This company's annual dinner will be held at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. I will be supplying and managing the stage design and construction, hall and foyer decor, sound and lights systems, confetti, emcee, dance entertainment and of course, photography. I also oversee the overall coordination of the event's program rundown. There will also be a specially made backdrop for photo sessions at the foyer, when the guests arrive. Two official photograhers plus one, focusing only on the photo backdrop.

So, it will be super exciting. Why? Cause on the same night itself, Babyboss Pictures is also covering another major corporate dinner event at the Ballroom, upstairs of Mandarin Oriental. Babyboss is supplying 1 official photograher and 6 unofficial papparazi photograhers for the evening!

OK, back to my event management. The client wanted the photos taken at the foyer (the photo backdrop) to be instantly printed out and inserted into photo frames and be distributed to all their guests as door gifts. So, I went to Canon shop in KLCC and bought TWO units of Canon Selphy ES2 instant printers!

At first, I wanted to buy the Selphy CP760 but this ES2 has a higher printing resolution of 300 x 600 dpi (dots per inch) instead of CP760's 300 x 300 dpi. The ES2 is RM100 more expensive but its worth the value. The images are sharper at the ES2. The printing speed is around 1.5 minutes per picture (4R size).

Why I bought two, you asking? Cause I am expected to print around 100 pictures. At 1.5 minutes per pic, there isn't much time if I were to work with just one printer cause it will take almost 3 hours to complete the job. With two printers, I can get everything printed out in just 90 minutes (1.5 hours).

No comments: