The Official Car Sticker

The Official Car Sticker

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Moments at Michael Jackson's Memorial

I watched the live telecast over Astro's CNN coverage of Michael Jackson's memorial service at the Staples Centre. At first, I didn't get good signals from Astro due to the rain, so I watched it over CNN's website on streaming video. But later, reverted back to Astro when the rain stopped.
-
It was a super slow 2 hour plus event. And the replay the next day got everything told in less than 60 minutes! Should have watched the replay instead. But then again, nothing beats the suspense and thrill of watching a live telecast and knowing that its happening there over in US, exactly as you see it on TV. That is also why I only watch football matches if its "live" and if its "the finals".
-
Anyway, a few things brought me to tears while watching MJ's memorial last nite. The pushing in of his coffin by his brothers was somehow heart moving. I mean, its Michael Jackson's body lying inside there, alright!
-
But I was especially touched when his 11 year old daughter, Paris Jackson, gave the short but super touchy speech and when she said her daddy was the best daddy in the world, it brought me tears. This were her exact words, "Ever since I was born, daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And I just want to say that I love him so much", and she burst into tears.
-
I mean, the world has never heard from this girl and when she speaks, she moved the world to tears! How powerful. Watch the video HERE.
-
When Brooke Shileds gave her testimony, she concluded with the lyrics of "Smile" and she teared. Then Michael's brother, Jermaine, sang the song in full.
-
Awesome lyrics, super meaningful. He almost couldn't finish the song. Again, brought me to tears.
-
But I think, the best part, at least in my opinion, was when the pastor (I think it was Pastor Lucius Smith) closed the event with a prayer and mentioned this, "the King of Pop will now have to bow his knees to the King of Kings". And that's God, our Heavenly Father! Rest in peace, Michael.
-
I woke up at 12 noon this "morning" and I am still awake now (its 4:30am). I think I better hit the sack now and hopefully get back to my "normal" sleeping routine!
-
Good night, Malaysia!

No comments: