The Official Car Sticker

The Official Car Sticker

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Haze

The haze situation in Cheras, as of this morning and afternoon, was reasonably pleasant with only a slight hint of its presence. But when 6pm came, things changed for the worst. The haze was thick and brought visibility down to like 3 km! The surrounding condominiums and buildings opposite my own condo unit were showered with thick haze. And the further buildings seem to have "disappeared"!!!
-
This picture was taken from the left side of my condo unit, 17 floors up, at 7pm. A normally easily visible KLCC and the KL Tower have gone "missing" in the thick haze. The furthest building I can visibily see is around 3 km away.
-
At a glance, the ambience does resemble a typical evening at Genting Highlands where instead of 37C worth of dusty haze, is 16C worth of cool fog and midst. Unfortunately, this ain't the case!
-
Opposite view from my unit is Leisure Mall, which is now almost hidden in thick haze! I think its the worst of haze condition so far.

1 comment:

YingYing said...

I thought the haze two years ago was the worst. The visibility then dropped down to under a kilometer.

I remember driving back home from Sunway on KESAS. You know when you approach the toll, you see the signboard that says "Plaza Tol 500m Di Hadapan"? Couldn't even see the toll plaza! LOL!