The Official Car Sticker

The Official Car Sticker

Friday, September 12, 2008

Mega Shoot My Ass!!!

Early this week, I was awarded a 4-day mega shoot at Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur, covering a beauty expo. Sounds interesting and exciting. When the inquiry came for the 4-day shoot, I quoted RM4,000 (for one photographer) without prints, that's RM1,000 a day. That's my normal rate for a fullday shoot, 11am to 7pm in this case.
-
To cut the long story short, the final agreed fee was RM2,550 for two (2) photographers for all four (4) days!!! The client also requested for index prints of all the shots (index print is thumbnails print on a sheet of A4 paper). They also insisted that that was all they can afford to offer this time. RM2,550 is not even enough to cover a single photographer's fee what more two (2) photographers now!!! WTF!!! With this, I still have to pay my assistant photogapher, printing cost and also agency's referral fee. The nett is bare minimal!!!
-
OK, fine. Job gracefully accepted. Then client wanted to have a pre-event meeting with me!!! Fine, I agreed. And in that meeting...guess what? I was bombarded with all sorts of instructions and realised that this is no easy job! At first I thought the job would be easy since its just shooting an exhibition but now have come to learn that its so demanding and extremely pressed for time.
-
Seminars to cover, stage shows to cover, demos to cover, booths' activities to cover, competitions to cover...all running simutaneously across 3 big halls all at different venues!!! Wahlauwei!!! Its a job for 4 photographers lar!!! And the fee should be at least RM12,000!!! So, I am now having a headache trying to plan the work flow for two (2) phtographers.
-
Fortunately, new Babyboss junior photographer, Nicky will be coming to help out.

Apparently, there is absolutely NO time for lunch nor toilet breaks!!! God save me next week. Any volunteer photographers?

No comments: